Desktop Support Cover Letter
A cover letter is great way to introduce your credentials and skills to the potential employers. It has become extremely important that you present yourself in the right manner. Employers have very less time to scan your job application. Hence, it is important that you grab their attention at the beginning. A desktop support cover letter is a document that should be send along with your resume and prove the managers the candidate that you can be the right candidate for the job post.
When a product is launched, the owners make sure that it is market well so more people know about its launch and what are their advantages. Similar to this is the cover letter. The only difference here is that you market your skills and talents to the potential employers and impress them. It should make them know that you are to create a difference and impress the prospective employers. Remember, your resume may not be enough to show that you are an ideal match for the post. A lot has to be said and sometimes you need to cite examples. At times, you cannot put these in the resume hence a cover letter can be used to fill the gaps that are relevant for the job post.
The better you portray yourself in the cover letter, more is your chances to be noticed by the potential employers. Hence, make sure you know the format and the important tips that you need to know while writing these letters.
Cover letter tips for desktop support
- Address the potential employers and state the position you are looking which in this case is a desktop support. This is to ensure that the company knows what you are looking for and have all that is required for the job post.
- Highlight your achievements and accomplishments that are relevant for the job post. You can cite examples as how you helped your previous company to earn profits. Remember employers are looking what you can offer them and not what they can offer you. Hence, show them that you are the one who can carry the responsibilities and duties of a desktop support.
- The main objective of writing a cover letter is that you request for an interview call. Make sure you ask for it in your concluding paragraph. Show your confidence and enthusiasm for the job post.
The sample cover letter for desktop support will show you some important tips and guidelines to write one.
Date: MM/ DD/ YYYY
Dear Mr. / Ms. (Employer's Last Name),
I came across your advertisement for the position of a desktop technician in (mention the source of the job vacancy). I believe my experience, skills and knowledge in this field makes me an ideal candidate for the job post. As requested, I have enclosed my resume with this letter that will give you detail information about my educational background and work experience.
I am a goal-oriented person and I have extensive technical knowledge for desktop support. I had completed my training from (mention the name of the company) and have a year of experience in this field. I have worked with (mention the name of your previous work place) as a technical support. I am sure my experience and skills will rightly contribute to your company. My work in (mention the name of your previous company) is to provide clients with solution of technical problems. I match up to your educational requirement. I am a problem solver and can handle any kind of trouble shooting.
I would appreciate if we meet up for a personal interview and discuss on this more. Please do call me at (insert contact details) or drop me an email at (mention your email address).
Thank you so much.
Enclosures: Resume and Work Experience Certificates
This is one way to write a desktop support cover letter and impress the prospective employer. Make sure you include points that will help you stand out from the rest of the candidates. Good luck with your job search!
A well-crafted cover letter can be a powerful job search tool. Your Desktop Support cover letter should be brief and highlight some of your skills, experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant to the job. Check out the Desktop Support cover letter sample below for a bit of inspiration.
Dear Mr. Herbert Cooper:
As a Senior Desktop Support Technician, I have over 10 years of broad experience in systems management, database, server and help desk management. I have led complex IT infrastructure and conversion projects and achieved noteworthy process improvements for companies in various industries. I am a strong technical leader with the ability to successfully build teams to achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction. I currently hold several certifications including CNE, CNA, A+ Technician, and MCP.
Seeking to contribute to an organization such as yours as Desktop Support, I have included my resume for your consideration.
A sample of my many achievements includes:
- Served as the only IT Specialist on site, managed all new hires/fires, service calls, PC installs, moves, adds, changes, and network connectivity. Ensured 100% system availability.
- Received an Award of Distinction and monetary bonus for Superior Performance.
- Spearheaded a large scale project to convert sales, billing, and customer service programs to an internet based system. Designed and facilitated employee training in 2 office locations.
- Streamlined operations through implementation of a new multi-PC imaging station, that was adopted enterprise wide. A single monitor/keyboard could remotely image up to 16 PCs at a time, resulting in increased productivity.
- Coordinated all technical services for various system and departmental moves, ensuring data integrity and client satisfaction.
- Collaborated with lines of business across the company in order to schedule and complete PC upgrades with minimal user downtime.
I am a strong analytical thinker and possess the decisive leadership qualities needed to deliver strategic direction to organizations. I possess the ability to relay complex information in layman’s terms to all levels of stakeholders, ensuring proper communication across the organization. I have lead quality assurance and process improvement efforts, resulting in cost savings and increased efficiency.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.