Guidelines – How to Write an Entertaining Presentation
- Consider your audience. Remember that different audiences respond differently to material in the presentation. Choose a topic that will interest your audience. The topic should be simple and clear.
- Provide an attention grabber in the introduction. It plays an important part in establishing you as an orator. Use humor and interesting stories.
- Adapt your material to suit your topic, your personality, and the audience. Use entertaining strategies to convey a serious message.
- Be to the point. Your presentation should have at least one main message on which the presentation is based.
- Use simple language. Remember, the audience will want the message delivered in a clear and concise manner.
- Strengthen your presentation by adapting and personalizing humorous material from outside sources. Deliver information in a way that makes the humor effective.
- Avoid subjects that are so serious in nature that they can drag down the audience. The audience expects to enjoy a good time instead of listening to impassioned speeches.
- Illustrate your messages with visual aids. Videos and pictures related to the topic can reinforce your messages and entertain the audience.
- Actively involve the audience. Tell interesting stories related to the topic of your presentation. Give examples based on information you present. Ask questions to help the audience on a specific message.
- End with a bright conclusion. To fulfill the goal of entertaining audience and delivering a message, you should make the closing minutes of the presentation the most inspiring and engaging part of the presentation.
- Be aware of your timing and the length of the presentation.
Remember, to make an effective entertaining presentation, you should employ four key strategies: preparation, relating the topic to the occasion, relating the topic to the audience, and timing of the presentation. Make your presentation casual and light-hearted. Deliver it in same manner as you might at a dinner with family or friends.
To help you better understand how to write an entertaining presentation, please view some examples on our website.
Entertainment Essay Examples
Violence in Media Entertainment
A more definitive dispute among families of young and old generations exposes the media entertainment as a vitally contributing factor to the spate of violence and hostility in the society. The issue of violence in media entertainment is perceived as creating a “violent culture”, corrupting the normalcy of families and specifically the behavior of children… View Article
Many Films Have a Bad Influence on Young People. What Is Your View?
Everyone needs entertainment to refresh their minds and get relaxed after everyday chores. The most common way people usually use to entertain themselves is to watch a Movie. Movies are entertaining but some movies can have a negative impact on the audience esp. youth. Youngsters are immature and easily susceptible to any perception. In this… View Article
0 Course Description: This course is designed to enhance the knowledge of the student, and also to sum up the vivid world of tourism. The subject matters introduce the students to the socioeconomic, environmental and cultural impact of the tourism industry. It also gives an overview of the travel sectors – their development, composition, and… View Article
Tax File Memorandum
Subject: Mark’s Entitlement for Meal Deduction Today I spoke with Mark, who is the captain of a ferry boat that carries tourist on roundtrips from Seattle to Victoria back and forth. He came to my office to day with question as to whether he is entitled to take a deduction for the cost of meals… View Article
Sports in America
The important impact of sports on American society is acknowledged by the U.S. Government. The commitment to skills such as teamwork, self-discipline, and sportsmanship is especially highlighted by The President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports. It serves as a catalyst to promote, encourage and motivate the development of physical fitness and sports participation for… View Article
Entertainment is something that holds the attention and interest of an audience, or gives pleasure and delight. It can be an idea or a task, but is more likely to be one of the activities or events that have developed over thousands of years specifically for the purpose of keeping an audience’s attention. Although people’s… View Article
What Is Fun?
Fun: (noun) enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure. (Anyone can join in the fun.) (Adjective) amusing, entertaining, or enjoyable. (That was a fun night.) (Verb) joke or tease. (They were just funning you.) What is fun? Everyone’s idea of fun is different. I am sure that some of the things I consider to be fun, someone… View Article
Andre the Giant Summary
Born in the French Alps, André the Giant’s career began at a young age when he was discovered and thrust into the world of pro wrestling. Instantly, he became a phenomenon, and was soon known as the “Eighth Wonder of the World.” Standing at a reported 7-foot-5, André was thought to be invincible. Because his… View Article
Writing About Television
There is no denying to the fact that television has tremendous positive effects on society, but some experts give us adverse reasons which cannot be overlooked easily. I myself believe that television has had a mostly positive effect. Using reasons and examples below, I am going to discuss the pros to this issue. First, television… View Article
Enchanted Kingdom: The Place to Be
Enchanted Kingdom is a theme park in the Philippines. It is located in Santa Rosa City, Laguna, about 29 kilometers from manila. It is has a land area of 17 Hectares (14 Acres). The park is managed and operated by Enchanted Kingdom Inc. Formerly name Amtrust Leisure Corporation. Enchanted Kingdom is a member of International… View Article
Forms of Entertainment
Everyone has been to a play, movie, sport event or some other type of entertainment before. People nowadays have so many different kinds of entertainment, so we always have something to do. Now imagine being in the 16th century in the time of people like William Shakespeare, Henry VIII, and Queen Elizabeth, etc. with no… View Article
In a commercial organisation, the board of directors is typically charged with the key responsibility for corporate governance – protecting the rights of shareholders and creditors, ensuring contractual obligations and regulatory compliance. In the public sector, the elected government is typically responsible for corporate governance, and in semi-government and statutory bodies like State Rail, Sydney… View Article
Lan Base Entrance Examination System
Long b books were known, the storyteller of many lands including our own, told tales in order to entertain their listeners, as well as, to convey the moral lessons which these stories usually impart. In the course of time, these stories were handed down from generation to generation and worn smooth by ages of telling… View Article
The Bane of Living in the Cities
When we discuss about living in big cities or small towns, different people have different point of view. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. From my personal opinion, big cities have more advantages as compared to small towns, which I quiet disagree with the topic. There are three points I would like to highlight… View Article
Entertainment Is Something Which Distracts Our Daily Life Routine
What is entertainment? There are many definitions of entertainment but I look at it as something which diverts or may distract us from our daily life routine. It helps us relax for periods of time thus forget our worries and cares; our habits and thoughts are interrupted, it rests our minds and nerves, though it… View Article